WARNING:
THIS STORY INCLUDES SUBJECTS ON ABUSE AND RAPE!

11/2/08

CHAPTER 1

Five years later


"Oh, for crying out loud Miriam, why don't you just talk to the guy!"

"I think she just prefers to sit there drooling!"


Miriam ignored the jokes and laughter of her friends at her expense, she pretty much ignored everything else around her except that cute guy that had just walked in to the school lounge. They definitely did not have one of those back home, she thought!

She couldn't take her eyes off his face - his gorgeous features had her enthralled.
"Do you think his a freshman like us?" She heard Tina ask.
"He sure doesn't look like any freshman I've ever seen!" Peg answered, pushing back her brown hair to get a better look at the guy.


Miriam finally tore her eyes away from the gorgeous guy and turned to her friends. "Girls," she announced with a smile, "there goes my future husband!"

"When the hell is dinner going to be ready?" Brian's scream snapped Miriam back to the present. A present she wanted desperately to get away from forever. In the five years since the night when Jeremy walked out of her life, her features had grown quite haggard. Her skin no longer held it's youthful luster. Her memories were the only escape to the life she now had, the 'life' that had just asked her a question.

In a tired voice she responded. "In a few minutes, Brian, I'm almost done."
"Well, hurry up I'm starving!" He yelled as he walked back to the living room.

Miriam's eyes moistened with unshed tears, and in a soft whisper she repeated her daily mantra, "It's your fault Jeremy...you ruined my life..."

Ten minutes later they were all seated around the table, everyone eating quietly. There was an underlying tension in the air. Tension mixed with fear...apparent mainly by the slight tremors in Miriam's and Timmy's hands as they ate.

"When are you going to join the football team at your school?" Brian asked Timmy in a demanding voice.
Timmy replied shakily, "Sir, I don't like football."
That's all it took, and the explosion began. "What? What are you a girl?! All boys like football!" Brian shouted in anger.

Miriam tried to defend Timmy, "Brian, please don't say that to him. Timmy's into academics, he joined the school mathematics team, yesterday!"

With lightning speed Brian got up from his seat, walked around the table and slapped Miriam across the face knocking her down. "You shut the #&% up! It's your fault for having a wimp for a son! Don't you #&% ever talk back to me again!" He stood over Miriam while she cowered away, her soft cries barely audible.

Timmy sat stock still, his fear of his step-father paralyzing him. His eyes reflected the pain and helplessness he felt at seeing his mother like that. God, please make it stop, he prayed to himself.

Finally content that Miriam had been satisfactorily disciplined, Brian sat down again to continue his meal. Miriam stood slowly, trying unsuccessfully to wipe the trickle of blood from her split lip, and sat down again at the table.

After the first impact her face had gone numb, there was no pain only shock and shame... The pain would begin though, as soon as the shock wore off. Yes. This was her life now, she thought, and her mantra began.
*****

"Jenny! Over here!" Samantha yelled across the cafe' when she saw her friend walk in.

Jenny quickly made her way to the table and sat down with a sigh. "Oh, girl I'm beat! I hate unpacking! I hate moving period!
Samantha laughed at her friend's remark. "Girl, stop complaining! You know you're happy to have your own place again!"

"You're right! Samie I couldn't have done it without you, you know that right? Moving back to Crystal Springs was harder than leaving it. Thank-you for letting me crash on your couch, and for talking to your landlord for me. Although, I'm sure you did that to get your place all to yourself again!" Jenny added with a laugh.

"You better believe I'm happy about that!" replied Samantha, also with a laugh. "Well, spill it! What's the big news you couldn't wait until tonight to tell me?"

"Well, you know I had to transfer my RN certification to Crystal Springs, and now that I passed their exams...drum roll please... I got a job at the Women's Health Clinic! Set hours, great pay, so you know what that means?"

"PARTY TIME!" They both yelled in unison laughing at their own silliness.

Jenny looked at Samantha and asked her softly, "Samie, did he call?"
Samantha's smile faded as she replied, "Yes, his not able to come tonight. He has an office thing..."
"So go with him!"
"Jenny, I can't...he's not ready to introduce me yet to his partners..."

"Bull Samie!" Jenny interruped her. "How long is it going to take him to be ready? What the heck?! How long have you two been together now? Over five years for crying out loud!"

Samantha squirmed in her seat when she noticed a couple of people staring at them after Jenny's outburst. "Dang girl, lower your voice, I don't want everyone and their mama hearing my business!"

"That law firm is one of the most traditional and oldest firms in Crystal Springs! They expect certain things from their partners. He can't just spring me on them! Not if he wants to make partner, besides who says I want to meet those jerks anyways?!"

Jenny looked at Samantha's strained expression. She knew her friend was hurting because of that man, although she tried to hide it under a nonchalant attitude. "Why do you take it my friend? Why don't you break it off?"

Finally, Samantha's shuttered eyes, showed a glimpse of her pain as she answered, "Because I love him."

*****

Early the next morning Brian had just finished getting ready when he received a phone call. "McCoy, this is DiNozzo, we got a new case!"
"Damn DiNozzo, do you sleep at the office or what?"
"Screw-you, McCoy, unlike you I don't keep banker's hours!"
"Rank has its privileges my son!" Brian responded laughing, then in a serious tone, "So what's the case?"

"We got a call from Dr. Carter over at the Women's Health Clinic. One of his patient's came in claiming she had been drugged by her boyfriend's brother, and raped. She is there right now so we need to go ASAP to talk to her!"
Brian quickly replied, "I'm leaving now. I'll swing by and pick you up on the way."
"Alright, I'll wait outside."
*****


Twenty minutes later Brian and DiNozzo arrived at the clinic. They made their way quickly inside. The first thing they saw when they opened the door, was a good size waiting area which was nicely decorated, and a couple of patients seating near a window.

When they approached the sign in counter, Brian was immediately taken aback by the looks of the beautiful nurse who greeted them. Her gorgeous eyes were hypnotic...

Her delicate demeanor was an instant turn on but what 'sealed the deal' in his mind was the independent glint in her eyes. That to Brian was an immediate challenge to tame her. Oh, yeah, he would most definitely love to tame this pretty little thing. He had been so caught up with his private fantasies that he missed her, "May I help you?". He turned his face slightly to regain some of his composure.

DiNozzo cleared his throat to hide his smile. He knew only too well what that look in his partner's eyes meant. "Thank-you Miss, I'm Detective DiNozzo and this is Detective McCoy, Dr. Carter is expecting us."

Jenny had been equally captivated by the man standing there in front of her. He had the tough guy look that she found most appealing. The fit of his suit paid tribute to his muscular frame. She could imagine running her hands over those muscles and feel his strength pressing down on her. The heat of her own thoughts almost made her miss Detective DiNozzo's reply.

Clearing her throat she said, "I'll go tell him you're here detectives." As she walked away, DiNozzo looked at Brian. "I know that look McCoy, at least wait until after we finish questioning the patient."
"Don't worry DiNozzo, I will!" Brian said with a wicked grin spreading his lips.

DiNozzo walked out of Dr. Carter's office with the required paperwork they needed to finalize the charges. He went to look for his partner, since Brian had left him soon after they had questioned the patient. He found him chatting up the pretty nurse that had so obviously caught his attention. Another one bites the dust, thought DiNozzo as he approached his partner with a knowing smile.
*****

Brian sat pensively by the pool later that night. He had obtained Jenny's phone number and they had talked for a while. He could tell at the clinic that she was as attracted to him as he was to her, but she wasn't going to be easy. He had hoped Jenny would accept his invitation to go out that night, but she had refused. She wanted to control the pace, he realized, and that made him smile.

Oh, he would let her control the pace, but in the end he would be the one in control. He wanted her and he was going to posses her.
*****


Miriam heard Brian get ready for bed and felt his weight as he sat on the bed. He had hit her again tonight, a quick punch...another black eye...nothing too serious. He was happy, she could feel his mirth. His found another one, she thought, another one to break....

6 comments:

Astral Faery 12/8/08, 1:27 PM  

I can't remember everything I originally wrote, but I distinctly remember saying how much I DESPISE Brian. Hate him and men like them to the very depths of my soul. Chauvinistic bastard.

Jenny is a beautiful sim! What a face! And I love the hint of Samie's past during the diner conversation. Very realistic dialogue.

You're quite a good writer! I hope you are encouraged to continue with this story and future projects!

Zayury 12/8/08, 10:32 PM  

My sweet Ari, thank-you my friend for the lovely comment, you are a sweetheart for doing this for me, you know that right? Luv ya my friend! :wub: I did like the way Jenny came out, she does have a sweet face! I'm glad you found the conversation between her and Sammie interesting! :D

Aphrodite 12/19/08, 6:35 PM  

That piece of shit for a husband, and the nerve of him to find some other victim to prey on. The make-up for Miriam is great, she does look battered and that she had let herself go. It's unfortunate to see how men can have such power over some women. I hope she can get herself out of this hell hole.

Zayury 12/19/08, 7:58 PM  

My sweet Aphrodite, thank-you so much for making me sooo happy by FINALLY reading my story, lol! I totally agree with your wonderf comment my dear, THANK-YOU! :wub:

Eve 12/28/08, 1:00 PM  

Girl, I couldn't tear my eyes away as I read this!

I would love to spend an hour in a sealed room with that bastard, Brian, and a ball bat! What an ass!

All the sims in this story are great looking! Your writing is amazing, and the pics are wonderful. Can't wait to read more, my friend!

love,
Eve

Zayury 12/28/08, 8:09 PM  

My dear, sweet Eve, you don't know how happy it makes me to hear from you again! I have missed you tremendously my dear friend! I'm thrilled that you like my story, and by your wonderfully motivating words! THANK-YOU my dear! :wub:

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Leah for this beautiful template!

Sugah of SUGAH'S PLACE for the wonderful Maxis re-colors I used for my clinic and the ‘Irish Coffee Pub’! And also for announcing my story on her wonderful website!

Hunter of BASIC FOR SIMS for giving me a small place in her wonderful Forum to announce my stories and story updates! And for the lovely outfits worn by Jenny and Sammie!

Tugmel from TSR for the beautiful lot! (Jenny’s apartment building)

Illiana from TSR for the gorgeous lots she designs with only Maxis content!
 
Blogger Template "Purple Sky" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates