WARNING:
THIS STORY INCLUDES SUBJECTS ON ABUSE AND RAPE!

12/18/08

CHAPTER 5

LATER THAT EVENING



Miriam closed the dresser drawer after she finished getting ready. Brian’s work was having their yearly awards dinner that evening, and all detectives and their spouses were expected to show. Jeremy’s phone call and his words weighed heavily on her mind. She had not told Brian for fear of ruining the good mood he'd been in lately. At that moment Brian walked in.


Miriam tried to cover her dread of Jeremy’s upcoming visit before she turned around and faced Brian. She had applied heavy make-up in an attempt to conceal the gauntness and paleness of her face. She smiled weakly before speaking to Brian, “I’m ready.”


Brian stopped in his tracks and crossed his arms, “Ready for what?! To go to the circus?” He burst out laughing.


Still laughing he spoke in a cruel voice, “Do you actually think I’m going to take you to the awards dinner looking like that?! I want to be seen with a real woman, not a walking corpse with clown make-up on!”


Brian turned around and as he walked out of the room he threw a final remark over his shoulder, “Stay home and clean, that’s about all your good for now.” His laughter drifted back to her as he left the house. Miriam covered her face in shame.


She felt ugly and stupid with the make-up, and the unflattering dress she had on. Once she had been beautiful…desired… Miriam’s memories took her back to a happier time, her first kiss with Jeremy…


“Come on Miri it’s not that high! There’s a cool hot tub up there we could just relax there and look at the view!” Jeremy had been trying for a few minutes to convince her to go to the top of the campus tower. She was a little scared of heights but his soothing voice was working wonders on her fear.


“I’ll race you,” yelled Jeremy before he took off running, Miriam close at his heels. She could never resist a challenge. They ran up the stairs laughing the whole way!


As soon as Miriam caught up to Jeremy at the top of the tower, he pulled her towards him and kissed her passionately. Their first kiss! Miriam forgot all about her fear of heights; Jeremy’s arms were her safe heaven. His delicious kiss robbed her of all restraint…this was her man…and she was his.


They took of their clothes quickly, and in their swimming suits they entered the hot tub. The soothing hot water caressed their already heated bodies. Jeremy put his arms around her and whispered softly in her ear, “You are so beautiful Miri…you take my breath away…”


His words, his touch made her feel desirable, and beautiful! Alone in the tower, surrounded by the tranquil night views of the campus, they gazed intently into each other’s eyes, and declared their feelings towards each other. “Miri, I love you...”

Miriam caressed his hand with her fingertip and as she looked passionately into his eyes she whispered to him, “I love you too, Jeremy…”



Jeremy smiled with happiness after hearing her words. He swung her around to face him so he could better take possession of her lips.


They stayed in each others arms, kissing and caressing each other, until the wee hours of the morning…


Miriam wiped away the tears that had escaped at the memory of that night, “Oh, Jeremy…you made me feel so beautiful… And now I’m only a ‘corpse in clown make-up’!” Questions echoed in her mind filling her with anger and apprehension. How was she going to face him tomorrow? Why couldn’t he stay away from her? Why did he leave…? She hated him! His betrayal had brought her to this point!


*****


NEXT MORNING


Brian decided to call Jenny before he left to work, “Sweetheart I’m sorry our date got ruined last night! When the job calls I have to answer. You looked so beautiful last night! You were the most gorgeous woman in the awards dinner, and every damn cop there new that! I’m going to pick you up today right after you get off work…”


Jenny’s voice sounded a little strained as she interrupted him, “I can’t today darling, I have to work two shifts, but I’ll see you tomorrow…” As Jenny continued to speak Brian’s expression grew more serious. He sensed Jenny was not telling him the whole truth.


After they hung up, Brian stood grasping the receiver in frustration and anger. Doubts began to assail him as he asked himself, “Is she seeing someone else? Why did she lie?” She had seemed a little distant last night; he had sensed she was hiding something. She never spoke about her past and he had never minded until now! Jealousy and anger took control of him making his body shake with its intensity. He left the room in search of an outlet to his mounting fury!


*****



“Jenny! Where are you?” Sammie yelled out as soon as she walked into Jenny’s apartment.

“I’m out here Sammie,” responded Jenny from her small patio.


She turned towards her friend as soon as Sammie stepped out. One look at Sammie’s pajamas and she started to giggle, “What the hell? You started practicing already?”


“Hell yeah, I am!! JAPAN baby! You here me, I’m going to Japan!!” Exclaimed Sammie excitedly.


“Jenny, I’m so ecstatic I can barely sit still! I'm in a daze…”

Jenny interrupted her jokingly, “Well, damn girl, sit your ass down before you fall off my balcony! I don’t want you with a broken leg before your wedding! What kind of maid of honor would that make me?”


“Oh, girl can you believe this? I’m getting married! My heart hasn’t stopped racing since he proposed!” Jenny smiled at seeing the look of pure joy on her friend’s face.

"Well stop swinging that freaking rock around, it's blinding me!" She teased her before continuing in a more serious tone.


“I’m glad he finally got some sense into him, and realized what a marvelous woman you are! I hate that you’re moving so far away Sammie, but I’m so happy for you!” Jenny looked at her friend tenderly wishing with all her heart that Sammie’s every dream would come true with this man.


Sammie replied seriously, “You opened my eyes with your words the other night. You were right I did let his parents’ and his old firm’s prejudice fill me with self-doubts… They were too set in their ignorant ways to understand interracial relationships.”


“I was ready to leave him that night, and that was the night he proposed! Isn't that shit funny?" She laughed and continue speaking without waiting for a resonse, "I had no idea that all those trips he had been taking lately were for the new job in Japan! His proposal that night blew me away! And I’m still flying! He is tired of waiting for his family to accept us, he just has to take care of one more thing today, and all that will be over. We’ll be able to start our lives together! A new beginning in Japan!”


Jenny looked at Sammie and smiled, “I’m really very happy for you girl! You deserve all the happiness in the world! You were there for me through the most painful moments in my life…I’ll always be here for you Sammie, I hope you know that!”


“I know Jenny...you are my best friend girl, you have been there for me also! Enough about me, I came over for you! Are you still going today?” Sammie asked as she looked intently into her friend’s eyes.


Jenny took a deep breath before she responded, “Yes, I am. I have to face my demons once and for all, Sammie. I love Brian with all my heart but as long as my past still has this hold on me I can’t completely enjoy my relationship with him.”


Sammie asked her softly, “Did you tell him yet?”


Jenny straightened up in her seat in agitation, “I can’t! I’m scared Sammie… I don't want to loose him, I love him too much!”


She sat back before continuing, “He called earlier and I told him I had to work two shifts today. Things are getting very serious between us, I really think he will ask me to marry him... I don’t want to ruin what we have… I can’t handle that right now, not when I’m going to be loosing you to Japan!”


“You are not loosing me! Things are going to work out you'll see! You deserve to be happy just as much as I do! Come on, get your ass up and give me a hug you stupid girl!” Sammie added jokingly.


Both friends hugged each other tenderly, “Everything is going to be okay Jenny, trust me!”

“I hope so Sammie…I really hope so…”


*****



Miriam was talking to Timmy before he left to school, unaware of the pent up anger barreling towards her.


Brian smacked Timmy on the head as he yelled, “What the #%&# are you still doing here you little shit, get your ass to school now!"

Miriam tried to pull him away from Timmy exclaiming at the same time, “Don’t touch him!” Brian hit her hard on the chest to push her off him.


And in rapid succession he punched her face with such force that it snapped her head back causing her to loose her balance.


Even with his head throbbing and fear surging through his body, Timmy quickly reached out to try and stop Miriam from falling, “Mom!”

“You #%&# idiots, you both are worth nothing!” Brian hissed down at them. He felt better now that he had let off some steam.


Without a backward glance he turned around, his mind only on Jenny. “I’ll find out your truth Jenny!” He thought with confidence as he walked out.

“I’m okay Timmy,” Miriam said weakly as Timmy helped her up.


They held each other without words, tears rolling down both of their faces...consoling each other with that embrace.


After Timmy left for school, Miriam stood looking at herself in the mirror. Her cheek already darkening and swelling with a bruise, she knew she would not be able to hide it from Jeremy. She prayed silently that he wouldn't show up…


*****


LATER THAT AFTERNOON


Miriam’s apprehension grew as the hours ticked by slowly. Timmy was due home in another 30 minutes, the ring of the phone startled her but at the same time it gave her a glimmer of hope that it would be Jeremy to tell her he was not coming over after all. “Hello?” She answered with a trembling voice.

“I’m outside Miri, open the door.” Jeremy’s determined command destroyed all her hopes.


The doorbell rang at the same time that Jeremy hung up. Miriam slowly put down the receiver.


She walked to the door feeling like a condemned person walking to their execution. Anger, hurt, and shame invading her at the same time…


“Jeremy?!” She said painfully and in confusion after she opened the door and saw the person standing there.

“Hello Miri, I go by Jenny now…”


24 comments:

cheripye 12/18/08, 8:26 PM  

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Ok let me get some control here, LOL! What a zinger there dear sister! That I certainly was not expecting.... AND BRIAN OMG!!! I cant stop laughing, *wickedly*

Ok seriously, Poor Miri... I really hate Brian with his cruel, remarks and using her as his personal anger release. Especially in regards to how he wants a real woman. LOL!!! Well Jeremy oops I mean Jenny is certainly uh... Real now. LOL! I am so sorry dear Zayuri, I dont think I am going to be able to stop laughing. I love the twist you have added here.

It is just perfect, a great retribution to that sadistic son of a witch. and now everything makes perfect sense. OH MY you have done a wonderful job with this story. Especially in keeping us in suspense over all your characters. I am going to have to re-read again later and properly comment without laughing...

Once again BRAVO!!! you have captured the emotions the pain the heartache and the nerves so wonderfully well. MAGNIFICENT!!!

Zayury 12/18/08, 9:10 PM  

YAY! I'M soooo freaking happy you enjoyed my 'Twist', lol! LMAO!!!! Isn't it just the most freaking awesome punishment for that asshole when he finds out?! LOL! THANK-YOU SO MUCH MY SISTER! And I'm THRILLED I put a smile on your face my dear!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!

But seriously, now you do understand why Miriam was shattered by his revelation, and why her self-confidence took such a hit... And I totally feel for Jeremy/Jenny trying to conform to society's 'normal' rules but knowing in his hart that for him normal was not his truth nor his reality...

Again, my dear Sister thank-you for reading my story and the awesome comment! :wub: :wub:

Astral Faery 12/18/08, 11:32 PM  

O...M...G!! What the hell are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack!? I had NO CLUE where you were headed with this story!! Oh man - what a shocker, to say the least! Wow, I'm nearly speechless.

You have an excellent perspective of telling this story. You slowly feed your audience 'just enough' of the plot without giving away everything. You don't lapse into a 'he did this, then he did that' narrative - everything is cleverly put in its proper place. Well done! You NEED to write - don't let anyone else tell you different. You're a natural, and with your beautiful pictures and attention to detail, you can take the sim story telling world by storm.

Beautiful storytelling. I just LOVE the relationship between the girls - everything goes so smoothly with body positioning and dialogue. I loved it when Jenny told Sammie to sit her ass down before she fell off the balcony, lol! How happy for Sammie to marry her prince charming.

I'm still reeling from the shock. I was cursing Brian all through this chapter, now I'm laughing at him. Na na na na boo boo!! Stupid jerk! Talk about getting what he deserves! Can't wait to see what you dish out in the next chapter. Do you know I literally gasped out loud at this one? Whew! I fear for the two ladies now. Brian is unpredictable.

Well done, dear friend, well done!

Zayury 12/19/08, 12:07 AM  

YAY! YAY! YAY! I am so freaking HAPPY!!!! Oh, my dear, dear friend, THANK-YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!!! Your marvelous words are music to my ears!!!! I am smiling from ear to ear, YAY!!! :D :D

I was hoping you gals wouldn't figure it out till Jenny/Jeremy made the grand entrance, lol! :D I told you I had something plan, and to remember how wicked my mind is! LMAO!!!

I couldn't resist inserting that line about 'real’ women, I thought that shit would be freaking hilarious, lol! You really think Brian is going to take it badly?? LMAO!! ;p

Ari, if you haven’t realized it, I think about the way we bullshit with each other when I write the dialogue between Jenny and Sammie. I know either one of us would have told the other exactly that, “Sit your ass down before you fall off my balcony…” and you know it!! LOL! ;) :wub:

Anonymous 12/19/08, 3:44 PM  

Okay.....it's going to take me a day or two to RECOVER.

(Time lapses)

WHAT the HELL??? You need to write MOVIES girl - I didn't see anything NEAR that ballpark happening! OMG. I almost choked on my lunch. Well, actually I kind of did. When I saw Jenny I was so confused....then I read and I.........

YOU NEED to write MOVIES. YOU DO.

Great Job and I CAN NOT wait to read what's next. Keep up the fabulous work -- thanks for choking me on my lunch -- thanks for giving me my first TRUE shock in quite some time.

LMAO!!!!

XOXO,

Hunter

Zayury 12/19/08, 4:25 PM  

ALLRIGHT! YAY! Doing another happy dance!! THANK-YOU SO MUCH my dear Hunter! More beautiful music to my ears!!! YAY!

I could NOT wait to see what people would think when the 'truth' came out! Telling me your reaction feels me with joy, knowing that I was able to bring that about, it's just a freaking AWESOME feeling!! I am truly honored that you would take the time to read all 6 parts of my story, THANK-YOU very much!!!

Sorry about your lunch, that was definitely not in my plan, lol! ;)

Astral Faery 12/19/08, 10:03 PM  

LOL - you're so right - I would definitely tell you to sit your ass down and I can definitely see you asking me how your ass looks in your outfit!!

And see there? Hunter agrees with me. She's a smart lady - you should listen to her. You NEED to write - stories/movies/whatever - you're good at it and pack a nice hard punch of shock value that will keep people talking for days.

Zayury 12/19/08, 10:40 PM  

Oh, my wonderful friend...Thank-you so much for those words! You know how much I respect and love your writing Ari, and to know that I have managed to entertain you with my first attempt, well, girl...from the bottom of my heart, thank-you! :wub: :wub:

Anonymous 12/23/08, 11:18 PM  

Wow when u making chapter 6

Zayury 12/23/08, 11:59 PM  

Hello Anonymous! Thank-you for reading my story and for leaving a comment! :D Because of the crazy schedule during the holidays, I will have the next chapter till after New Years! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! :D

Anonymous 12/24/08, 9:12 PM  

OMG
I just started reading your story and i have to tell you, it is one of the best things I have ever read. This ending was so unexpected. I actually feel emotions when I read this story, which is the sign of a really good story!

I do have one question though. In the very beginning when Jeremy is first leaving, does he tell Miriam that he is becoming a woman or something else, because she says years of lies but then at this ending she seems suprised when she sees that Jeremy is now Jenny. So i guess what I am trying to ask is, does Miriam know in the beginning that Jeremy wants to be woman?

Well I guess that's it and keep writing because you are AMAZING at it!

Zayury 12/25/08, 12:54 AM  

Dear Anonymous, THANK-YOU very much for the wonderful comment, and the extremely motivating feedback! I'm honored by your words and the fact that my story has moved you! *blushing*

Yes, Jeremy did tell Miriam at the beginning what he was intending to do, that is why she took it so very hard, and why she accused him of lying all those years by pretending to be what he was not!

She had not seen Jeremy since he left, so her response when she opened the door was mainly out of shock to see what he looked like now!

Again, I'm very happy that you have enjoyed it, and most of all that you left such a lovely comment! Only 2 more chapters left! ;)

HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!!! :D

Anonymous 12/27/08, 3:00 AM  

I hope you had a wonderful Xmas! I just read all the chapters and now I'm hooked. The story line along with the pictures are great, makes it so interesting. Whatever your future plans in life may be, I hope writing novels or scripts for soap operas will be one of them. Can't wait for the next 2 chapters.

Zayury 12/27/08, 8:03 AM  

Dear Anonymous, I hope you had a wonderful X-Mas, because I sure did! :D

I am very happy that you liked my story and I appreciate your wonderful words! Thank-you for taking the time to leave such an encouraging comment! :D

Eve 12/28/08, 2:38 PM  

OMFG!!!! That's what I just yelled over my shoulder at my man, girl! I told you I wondered if Jeremy had certain tendencies, but...damn! I never expected this, lol. I nearly fell off my bar stool!

This little twist is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I love it, every word and pic.

I'd love to see Brian's dumb-ass deal with this one! No wonder Jenny pushed him to the couch with such amazing strength, lol.

Bravo!!!!

Zayury 12/28/08, 8:31 PM  

ROFLMAO!!! I know, lol! You were so freaking close it was hilarious, you know your stuff my dear, lol! ;p

I thought you would like this twist! I'm so FREAKING HAPPY you like my story girl!!!! Thank-you my dear Eve for suffering through the 'dial-up' hell for me!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Aphrodite 1/3/09, 5:03 PM  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never would have thought!! OMG!!!!!
I am speechless, I can't believe....... OMG!!!!!!! What now?!?!?! I am giving you a time limit to finish this story, I say by Tuesday, hahahahaha. That is some great sutff, OMG!!!!!!!!

Zayury 1/3/09, 11:31 PM  

ROFLMAO!!! Really?! You are giving me a deadline Miss Aphrodite?! LOL! I'm glad I shocked you also m'ija, lol! Thank-you baby girl for reading my story! I love you always my sweet girl! :wub: :wub:

Anonymous 1/4/09, 12:53 AM  

Wow, that is very amazing! I love the twist at the end! When are you going to have the 6th part written and up?

Zayury 1/4/09, 1:32 AM  

Hello Erii! Thank-you very much for reading my story and for the lovely comment! :D

The holidays were certainly a whirlwind, and now finally things are starting to settle down a bit, lol! I'll try to have the next update by next weekend! :D

Anonymous 1/6/09, 1:54 AM  

You have to tell me when the next chapters are done! I need, must know what will happen! I love this story. You are such a good writer Zayury. You should consider putting this up on youtube for everyone to see.

Zayury 1/6/09, 9:51 AM  

Dear Anonymous, THANK-YOU so much! I'm thrilled that are enjoying my little story here! Thank-you for the compliments to my story! :D

I announce the updates on my main page, 'Zayury's Gibberish', at Sugah's Place, and at Basic for Sims Forum! (Links below under Special Thanks)

As far as chapter 6, I will try to have it posted by this weekend! :D

KDSGS 1/24/09, 8:35 PM  

THAT I did not expect, a great twist to be sure, and Brian is such a pile of sludge, cannot WAIT until he finds out! I only prays he does not take it out on Miri or her son.

His verbal and physical abuse makes him one of the most loathsome characters I have ever come across in sim storydom! LOL! Scum bag!

The flashback was heart rending, Jeremy really did mess up some lives to take the steps he did, hope she/he realizes it!

I am interested to see where you go from here after this bombshell, a really powerful update Zayury, well done!

Hope to get to the next chapter first of next week, cheers!!

Zayury 1/25/09, 8:33 AM  

Dear Karen, thank-you very much for stopping by and leaving such an encouraging and wonderful comment! :D Especially since you have been sick! Please take your time and get better first! :)

Brian is definitely everything you said, I'm so glad I didn't use any of my loved male Sims to play that role, lol! That is why I made him from scratch as Fugly as his personality, lol! ;p

Thank-you again for reading and most importantly for your positive feedback! :)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Leah for this beautiful template!

Sugah of SUGAH'S PLACE for the wonderful Maxis re-colors I used for my clinic and the ‘Irish Coffee Pub’! And also for announcing my story on her wonderful website!

Hunter of BASIC FOR SIMS for giving me a small place in her wonderful Forum to announce my stories and story updates! And for the lovely outfits worn by Jenny and Sammie!

Tugmel from TSR for the beautiful lot! (Jenny’s apartment building)

Illiana from TSR for the gorgeous lots she designs with only Maxis content!
 
Blogger Template "Purple Sky" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates